Are you looking for an experienced remedial massage therapist in Adelaide?
Some of the reasons people may have remedial massage are:
- Back pain / back tension
- Neck pain / neck tension
- Headaches / migraines
- Relaxation / stress relief
- Muscle pain / muscle fatigue
- Muscle cramps / muscle spasm
- Pregnancy discomfort or just for pampering
- Sports injuries and prevention
- Depression / anxiety
Some of the benefits of remedial massage may include:
- Reduced tension, pain, and other symptoms
- Greater flexibility, strength and muscle power
- Better sleep and being more relaxed
- Help with healing of tissues
- Improved circulation
- Stimulation of lymphatic system
- Greater sports performance and recovery
- Greater emotional wellbeing
Call our centre and speak to one of our friendly reception staff who can assist you in your booking and any further inquiries you may have. Phone: 8322 1788. Alternatively, you can book your appointment online
Remedial Massage Therapist in Adelaide and Surrounding Suburbs
- Relaxation Massage – A gentler form of massage that aims to reduce stress and tension, helping you to relax and unwind from the stresses in life.
- Sports Massage – Designed to help you enhance physical performance, increase flexibility, reduce stiffness, and promote faster recovery from injuries.
- Deep Tissue – A deeper form of massage, that uses slow deep and intense massage strokes. It aims to improve structural restrictions and misalignments caused from deeper muscle and tissue layers.
- Pregnancy Massage – Using appropriate and gentle techniques this form of massage helps a woman with the structural, psychological, physiological changes, as well as the discomforts often associated with pregnancy.
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage – involves stimulating the lymph nodes and draining lymph fluid from the tissues to assist fluid flow throughout the body, improve circulation and aid toxin removal.
- Dry Needling – Involves the use of fine, sterile acupuncture.
- Cupping Therapy – Helps to release toxins, clear blockages, increase blood flow, and activate the lymphatic system. Involves the use of mild heat and cups to create a suction effect and draw up the underlying tissues
Frequently Asked Questions
Our experienced and highly trained massage therapists work with you to understand your desired goals. Each massage is tailored to your individual needs so you can achieve the results that you seek.
- 60 minutes – $90
- 45 minutes – $75
- 30 minutes – $60
- Pregnancy Massage $95
Health fund rebates available on site. For more information please call the clinic on 08 8322 1788
How long will a massage treatment last?
The average full-body massage treatment lasts approximately one hour. A half-hour appointment only allows time for a partial massage session, such as neck and shoulders, back or legs and feet. Many people prefer a 60 minute session for optimal relaxation. The 90 minute session is the ultimate experience to feeling totally relaxed and free from any aches and pains and stress related disorders.
What should I expect during my first massage therapy visit?
Your massage therapist will require you to fill out a health history form prior to your initial appointment. After this, the therapist will begin by asking you general questions to establish what areas you would like worked on, if there are any conditions needing to be addressed and to determine what type of massage or combination of modalities is appropriate for you. Your massage therapist may perform certain assessments and testing to evaluate your condition, and to see if you have any presenting complaints.
What do I wear during the massage?
Depending on the primary technique your therapist uses, you may or may not need to undress. For a full body massage you will undress to your underwear. Your massage therapist will give you privacy to undress to your underwear, and you will be covered with a towel at all times except the area being worked on.
What do I do during a massage therapy treatment?
Make yourself comfortable. If your therapist wants you to adjust your position, she or he will either move you or will ask you to move what is needed. Otherwise, change your position anytime to make yourself more comfortable. Many people close their eyes and relax completely during a session; others prefer to talk. It’s up to you! Let your practitioner know prior to your session.
It is your massage and whatever feels natural to you is the best way to relax. Do not hesitate to ask questions at any time.
The difference between remedial massage and myotherapy
“Remedial massage is a hands-on massage technique used on soft tissues of the body with an aim to relieve pain, restore function, improve physical health, and relax the body and mind.”
“Myotherapy is anevidence-based physical therapy that aims to restore, maintain and maximise a person’s physical strength, function, movement, and well-being.
Our Team of Massage Therapists
Remedial Massage Therapist
Brooke has a passion for helping and nurturing people through massage therapy. She is someone that you can trust, as she only wants the best outcome for her clients.
Brooke’s go-to massage technique is trigger point therapy combined with myofascial release to help decrease discomfort and pain for her clients. Read more
Remedial Massage Therapist, Dry Needling & Cupping
Drew joined the team in 2021. Drew holds a Diploma of Remedial Massage from the School of Evolve College. He applies his training, experience and ongoing professional development to tailor treatments to the specific needs of clients. He provides remedial massage (including trigger point therapy, myofascial release, sports & deep tissue massage, lymphatic drainage massage and pregnancy massage).
After Andrew completed the Diploma of Remedial massage his focus shifted to providing manual therapy as the core of his business and providing advice on stretching and strengthening as an additional service.
Remedial Massage Therapist & Naturopath
Nicki has a passion for the human body and psychology which has led her to a career as a massage therapist where she can help people use their bodies and minds to their full capabilities. She believes massage to be a wonderful gift we can give ourselves, and that the benefits to body and soul are boundless. Read More…
Remedial Massage Therapist
He has worked with people from all walks of life, from professional athletes, post-surgical patients, office workers and simply people who have had a stressful week. Doug’s experience includes remedial massage, sports massage, trigger point therapy, stretching techniques, pregnancy massage and corrective exercises with deeply relaxing massage. He is also a qualified relaxation massage therapist. Read more
The electronic height adjustment makes it easy for you to get on and off the table and also makes it possible for the massage therapist to adjust the height of the table easily to work various angles depending on your needs.
The room enables your privacy by being enclosed with sound proofed walls and a door. It has LED dimmable lighting for your eye comfort and is temperature controlled with great airflow so the room does not get too stuffy, hot or cold.
Soft, plush towels are also used and washed between treatments for added privacy and comfort.