Our team of physiotherapists in Adelaide is fully trained to assess, diagnose, treat and prevent a wide range of health conditions and movement disorders using advanced techniques and evidence-based care. Physiotherapy helps repair the damage, reduce stiffness and pain, increase mobility and improve quality of life.
Physiotherapists can assist with rehabilitation following acute trauma/injury, sports injuries, chronic injuries, occupational overuse, motor vehicle accidents as well as pre and post orthopedic surgery.
Following an initial examination, your physiotherapist will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan to address your goals and suggest long-term management strategies for the future.
Physiotherapy has been proven to effectively treat and alleviate the following conditions and more:
- Jaw And Neck Pain
- Shoulder, Elbow And Arm Pain
- Back Pain (Sciatica, Limited Mobility)
- Painful Pregnancy Symptoms
- Hip And Pelvic Pain
- Sports Injuries, Sprains, Strains And Weaknesses
- Arthritis, Tendonitis And Rheumatological Symptoms
- Post Surgery-Rehab
- Strength Conditioning After Trauma (Breaks And Fractures)
- Symptoms From Fibromyalgia And Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Bowel And Bladder Incontinence
What should I expect from my first Physiotherapy Session?
Complementary equipment used at SA Wellness Centre.
Some more information about how Ultrasound Therapy may help with your back pain can be found here
Specific to physiotherapy and massage, the G5 Vibramatic Digital is leading-edge technology that is particularly effective in physical therapy, sports medicine and respiratory therapy. A digitally operated and handheld apparatus, the device replicates specific percussion, clapping and vibration techniques that are extremely effective in achieving a range of improvements for:
- Myofascial Release
- Sports Rehab
- Deep Muscle therapy
- Trigger Point Reduction/Therapy
- Pain Relief
- Lymph Drainage
- Postural Drainage
- And More…
Upon assessment, your therapist will determine whether the G5 Vibramatic Digital is likely to improve your therapy outcomes.
What should I bring to my physiotherapy appointment?
A referral is not required in order to book an appointment with a physiotherapist.
TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS
EASY TO FIND
Physiotherapist serving Adelaide and Surrounding Suburbs
We are proud of our reputation and always work hard to give everyone who comes to our centre a 5 star service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Concessions are also available for valid card holders, family and kids consultations. For more information please call the clinic on 08 8322 1788
What does a Physiotherapist do?
Adelaide Physiotherapist Qualifications?
A referral by a doctor is not a requirement to visit a physiotherapist; however, medical doctors usually recommend a course of physiotherapy to help treat an injury or condition.
What types of Treatments does a Physiotherapist Offer?
· Manual therapies – These can include joint manipulation and mobilisation (which provides for spinal mobilisation), manual resistance training, and stretching.
· Exercise programmes – Such as muscle strengthening, posture re-training, cardiovascular stretching and training.
· Electrotherapy techniques – Consists of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS), laser therapy, diathermy, and ultrasound therapy.
In many cases, there are other underlying factors causing an injury. For example, it could be that constant back pain is caused by bad posture, repetitive work-related activities, adopting the wrong technique when playing a sport or even being overweight. Accordingly, the physiotherapist not only treats the back pain but addresses the other factors too. This holistic approach aims to reduce the risk of the injury happening again.