Why use a Chiropractor?
Australian chiropractors are five years university trained, and are government registered and government regulated health professionals.
To become a registered chiropractor in Australia you must have studied an accredited 5-year full time chiropractic program conducted at a University within Australia, or have completed an accredited program overseas that satisfies the requirements set by the Australian Chiropractic Regulating Authority.
Successful completion of the whole program of study is required for professional registration as a chiropractor.
A chiropractor’s education never ends. After entering practice, all chiropractors must complete continuing professional development courses and seminars to up grade and improve their skills and to stay current on the latest scientific research in order to stay registered.
What can I expect from a chiropractor?
- Use evidence, clinical experience, patient values and patient preferences
- Deliver a high standard of chiropractic adjustments, manipulation and other manual treatments
- Embody a tradition of caring, effectiveness and patient satisfaction
- Collaborate and coordinate care with other health professional
- Work to enhance patient quality of life and performance
- Promote vitality, wellness and patient empowerment
- Help to improve quality of life without drugs or surgery
- Offer readily accessible care and advice on self-care